I’m Courtney. Welcome to my little piece of the internet. I hope you enjoy reading about my family’s crazy adventures in downsizing, DIYing a pretty big renovation, homeschooling, and more. Grab yourself a glass of sweet tea and settle on in! Here’s a few fast facts about me:
- I love Jesus, and by the grace of God was saved by his blood. I hope that’s obvious in my blog, and I hope that you know Him, too. The Gospel is the greatest thing in this world. I’d be happy to talk to you about it if you want!
- My love for my family is a close second. I married my husband, Corey, in October of 2010. He truly is my other half and without him this little blog wouldn’t exist. Also, our beautiful babies wouldn’t exist. We have three- T Man, Zippy Girl, and Boss Boy. They’re the best.
- I am your stereotypical introvert. Writing is how I best express myself, I dream of one day having a beautiful library (with a ladder!), and I have a vocal word limit that I cannot disclose for your protection.
- When I was in college I spent a semester in Northern Ireland and traveled some afterwards. That experience changed my life and is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
- I have two degrees- one in Business and the other in Writing. Practical and passion.
- Every time I have an idea to transform a room in our house, my husband thinks I’m crazy and can’t see the vision. We do it anyway. So far it’s always worked. I like thinking outside the box.
- I am a night owl.
- Homeschooling was not on our radar. At all. It just sort of happened, and I’m so glad it did.
- I love old things and bringing them back to life. The history of things fascinates me.
- Sports are an obsession of mine. During football season I cheer for the Ohio State Buckeyes and Dallas Cowboys. Baseball season you’ll find me supporting the Detroit Tigers. Ain’t nobody got time for basketball. I was a mat maid in high school though and love wrestling. I also ran cross country and track despite my lack of athletic ability.
- I was a band geek. Clarinet, baby.
- Musicals make my heart happy. And one of my favorite roles was when I got the opportunity to be Cinderella in my high school dinner theater.
- I am too poor currently to buy a fancy camera, so most of my pictures will be taken with my iPhone6. Sorry, not sorry. But someday I’ll have flawless photos!
- Technology is hard. Forgive me if I mess up.
Why Arrows on the Riverside?
It’s pretty simple, actually.
Psalm 127:3-5 really spoke to our family, especially since homeschooling as become such a big part of our lives. It states, “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them.” Pretty self explanatory. We’ve been blessed with our little arrows!
Riverside comes from the location of our new house. We are right near the river and hope that our family can spend many days exploring it and that our kids can grow up appreciating the beauty of God’s creation. While our old house is in the country, it’s not in a place that allows for much wandering, and we are thankful that will change with our new house. Life on the riverside is something we long to have as a part of our lifestyle.
So, it just sort of went together naturally. Arrows on the Riverside is pretty much who we are and what we are passionate about. Pretty awesome that it sounds good too!
Connect with Me!
Hopefully that’s a good start to get to know who I am and what makes me me! I’d love to get to know you! Subscribe in the sidebar, leave me some comment love, or even shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!